||[Mar. 4th, 2005|05:32 pm]
The Only Light that Shines
|||||Gretchen Wilson-Red Neck Women||]|
Stolen from darklorelei
1) Total number of books in your house:
Prolly around 100-200 counting my parents sparce collection.
2) The last book you bought was:
I was given Devil in the White City by Erik Larson but I already read it and have it so I bought Reading Lolita in Tehran by Nafisi. I adored it.
3) What was the last book you read before reading this message?
The Death of Innocents: An Eyewitness Account of Wrongful Executions by Sister Helen Prejean, she also wrote Dead Man Walking which as you might know was turned into a movie with Susan Sarandon. Its pretty depressing but makes me realize how flawed our criminal system is, more than I knew before.
4) Write down 5 books you often read or that mean a lot to you.
1. C.S. Lewis Chronicles of Narnia, I have read them all at least a dozen times. I love fantasy and these are my favorite ones. If u dont know(Im not sure how you could not) about the relgious theories behind the book its better not to know before you read them. Cause after you notice it more. But no matter what they are my favorites of all time.
2. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood, I like every single one of her books but this is my favorite. It just shows how amazing she can write and I love her concepts.
3. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest Gaines, I actually love ALL of his books, but this one is my favorite. I still have to read The Autobio of Miss Jane Pittman, but it is ALWAYS checked out, damn u northville patrons. I love the south and therefore gaines.
4. I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb. Don't read She's Come Undone it sucks as does Oprah's list. This book is much better. Its probably one of the only books Ive cried, laughed, and wanted to stop reading because it was so emotional. Its long, so if you wanna read it wait till u have time, its totally worth it.
5. Prozac Nation By Elizabeth Wurtzel is prolly the book that defines me best. It is an amazing memoir about depression and I have never read anything that exempufies depression better than this book.
5) Who are you going to pass the stick to (to three people) and why?
absolute_troop-Michelle, what have u read lately?
i_e4t_paste-Ash, you like to read, any recommendations?
saline_eyes-I have no idea if you like to read but I bet u do.